Introduction to Food Safety for the Maintenance Staff
This course introduces maintenance staff to the Food Safety Management Systems. It is important for everyone in the company to understand its basic principles so their roles within the programme can be appreciated.
At the conclusion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the basic principles of Food Safety
- Know their roles and responsibilities as part of the Food Safety Management System
- Recognize the importance of hygiene in a Food Safety System
- What is Hygiene?
- What is Food Safety?
- Sources of contamination
- Basic Hygiene principles including germs and food poisoning
- Reasons for implementing for Food Safety Management Systems
- Identifying hazards and control measures
- Overview of Prerequisite Programmes, CCPs, Critical Limits, Monitoring, Corrective Action
- Your role in the Food Safety Management System
A certificate of attendance will be issued once the course has been successfully completed.
- Food Manufacturing Industry Maintenance Staff