Food Safety 101 (ONLINE)
The course will expand the learner's understanding of the basic principles of Food Safety by providing an overview of the functioning of a Food Safety System and how the different components work together.
Food safety procedures and practices will be expanded on throughout the modules.
The objective of the course is to equip the learner with the knowledge and skills to perform their daily tasks and ensure food safety practices are maintained. Answering those key questions about Allergen Management, Cross-contamination, types of hazards, etc.
Modules will be released weekly and delegates will be able to work through the content and apply their knowledge by completing the activities. An expert for each section will be available to assist during working hours with any queries or technical issues.
New Live Interactive Sessions
Technical experts are on hand for any questions or guidance throughout the course.
Unique to this course, we are also making available ‘live interactive sessions’ with course delegates. These live interactive sessions will facilitate open dialogue between course coordinators and participants to strengthen understanding and entrench the course content.
- Module 1: Introduction to the Food Industry
- Module 2: Overview of the Food Safety Systems
- Module 3: Food Safety Culture
- Module 4: Food Safety Hazards
- Module 5: Risk Assessment
- Module 6: Introduction to PRP
- Module 7: Validation and Verification
- Module 8: Traceability, Recall, and Crisis Management
- Module 9: Food Technology
- Module 10: Food Labelling, Sensory Evaluation & Shelf life
- Module 11: Food Fraud & Security
- Summative Assessment
- Workplace Assignment Kickoff
FoodBev SETA Registered Skills Programme: 09SP000295040191/0
NQF Level: 4
- Anyone who is looking for additional exposure to food safety systems and how they are applied in the manufacturing sites.
- Anyone looking to enter the food industry with a basic understanding of Food Safety Management Systems.